DISCOVER THE PEARL OF ARABIA – FEBRUARY 18-25, 2024
If you are an adventurous soul and a traveller with an open heart and you feel the urge to reconnect with your inner curiosity, to fill your eyes and your heart with beauty and to feel alive and full of passion again – then join us for 8 days of full sensory exploration of Oman. You will fully immerse yourself into the nature and the local culture and through yoga and meditation you will integrate this amazing experience. You will come back home refreshed, rejuvenated, full of new sensations and with new vigor.
i am ready to join now!
Experience the magic
Oman – the Pearl of Arabia. Think an enchanted land where the ocean meets the mountains and where the mountains meet the desert. Where the turquoise blue changes into the lush green and then into the golden and red.
Think heavenly scents of frankincense and myrrh – substances once valued higher than gold. Think heady smells of cardamom, saffron and coffee filling the labyrinthine alleys of traditional souks (bazaars).
Think the magic of One Thousand and One Nights, think the travels of Simbad the Sailor.
Do you remember when you were a child and with your eyes wide open you wanted to discover hidden places, climb the highest mountains, sail across the seas? To explore the whole world and your imagination had no limits? So connect with that inner passion and inner curiosity, leave all the fears and worries behind and come to experience the magic and mysteries of Oman with us.
A serene journey
Oman is a beautiful, quiet and serene country with a relaxed atmosphere. This trip is designed to connect you with the tranquility inside you. Through yoga and meditation you will explore the world inside you while during our travel adventures you will explore the world around you. Yoga and traveling is an ideal combination as yoga practice will help you to stay present, centered and to fully enjoy the new experience.
Yoga practice will connect you with your inner wisdom, with the loving kindness and deep gratitude inside your heart. Slow down, go quiet.
Yoga sessions will be tailor-made for our intimate group – maximum number of participants for this trip is 16. Gentle vinyasa flow sessions will connect you fully with your breath, will release tensions and blockages in your body and increase the flow of Prana, your vital energy. You will learn breathing techniques that will help you to stay focused and balanced in your everyday life.
A tranquil and very clean beach will be an ideal spot for our invigorating morning yoga practice.
Splendid scenery of the 3,073 m high Jebal-Akhdar (Green Mountain) will amaze you by its colours and our yoga sessions in the heart of the wonderful nature will be grounding.
The vastness of the desert will fill you with the sensation of unlimited freedom. The sky full of stars above your head will bring a feeling of peace never experienced before. Yoga and meditation practice here will center us and will bring us back to our true selves, to our hearts.
“If the simple things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive. “ -Eleonora Duse
What will I experience?
• Stunning nature, rich history, traditional culture – all with our knowledgeable and experienced local guide! Connecting with local people and local traditions. Indulging in tasty food. Wandering through traditional souks full of silver, frankincense and spices.
• Discovering secluded wadis with lush nature, swimming in the ocean, breathing fresh air in the mountains. Tasting local honey, learning the traditional use of frankincense, sleeping in the desert, eating with the Bedouin family, exploring the traditional way of life of Omani people.
• Practicing yoga and meditation, journaling to expand your consciousness and connect deeply with your essence and the sense of gratitude. Creating safe space where you can learn and share in group what you are experiencing.
• Testing how open and non-judgemental your mind is, gentle stepping outside your comfort zone, exploring different culture, its customs and traditions.
• Connecting with like-minded travellers & yogis, creating unforgettable moments, making new friendships.
• Reconnecting with your inner calmness and with your courageous heart. Coming home feeling lighter, clearer and more open and grounded. And bringing that peace and calmness into everything you do.
Oman is a land of incredible nature beauty, vibrant culture and warm hospitality. It impresses you at every turn. If you are seeking history or scenery Oman has much to offer.
Oman is one of the safest countries in the world. The crime is almost non-existent here. It is also one the most modern countries in the Arabian Gulf and one of the most immaculate in the world. Because of this cleanliness, it is often referred to as ‘the Switzerland of the Gulf’
The Omani people are very friendly and welcoming. You will feel safe.
The city of Muscat, Oman´s capital, is modern yet with ancient aura. The Muscat Grand Mosque iwith its stunning architecture is a definite must-see. In Muscat’s old town, known as Muttrah, you can travel back in time. You can wander through its narrow streets and then admire the traditional Mutrah souk full of silver, spices and frankincense. You can feel the Omani heritage and trading history.
Delicious meals that combine flavours from the Persian, Indian, African and Arabic cultures will seduce you. Eating more then well is the norm in Oman.
The history of Oman reaches back 5000 years. It is a mixture of myths and legends, tribes and civilisations. The government is making great efforts to preserve Oman’s traditional culture, including its architecture, arts, dance and music.
Authentic Oman will captivate you with stunning landscapes, fascinating colours and living tradtions.
Oman toady is one of the world´s best hidden gems.. And as it is hard to describe its magical beauty the best thing you can do is to come with us and experience it yourself!
Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind. – Seneca
What is INCLUDED
• Four nights at the beautiful 4 star hotel Mysk Al Mouj in The Marina in Muscat City.
• One night in the typical village in the heart of Jebel Akhdar mountains.
• Two nights in the traditionall Bedouin private camp in Wahiba desert.
• One day stay at a hotel in Muscat City before taking the flight back home.
• 7 x breakfast and 7x dinner. Buffet or menu.
• Transfers from and to the Muscat Airport. All transfers during the trip – minivan, 4×4 cars in the desert.
• All yoga and meditation sessions.
• Our amazing local guide during the whole trip.
• Admission fees, guided visits and activities according to the programme.
• One bottled water per day.
• A pre-trip Zoom meeting where you get to know your fellow travellers and where we will set the intention for our trip.
What is NOT INCLUDED
• Your return flight ticket to/from Muscat International Airport
• Your Travel, Medical and Trip Cancellation Insurance – REQUIRED!
• Your midday meals/ snacks
• Your personal expenses
• Tips for the locals – drivers, hotel staff, waiters…. Tips are expected everywhere as they are considered part of the salary.
• Drinks during the dinners
Who are your guides?
• Certified Yoga, Meditation and Mindfulness Teacher, certified in Crystal Healing Therapy, trained in Forest Therapy and in NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming). Licensed tourist guide based in Ibiza, co-owner of a tour agency in Ibiza ( https://ecoibiza.info )
• Combining my passion for movement and for healthy and balanced life style and my passion for personal growth and self-discovery through travelling.
• Guiding you gently to feel your body, to connect with your breath and with your inner wisdom, helping you to find your balance and your power and to bring awareness, kindness and compassion into your daily actions, into your words and your thoughts.
• Through yoga you create connections – with yourself and with the others. Join me on this journey.
• Licensed tourist guide certified by the Ministry of Heritage and Tourism of the Sultanate of Oman. Part of the local travel agency in Oman ( https://www.goldenhighlands.com ). Living and working in Oman for more than last 10 years.
• Traveller and writer, author of the book Oman – sand, rose, frankincense ( written in Czech language)
• Passionate about sharing my insider view of Oman, keeping you safe at all times, guiding you trough the hidden and not so hidden corners of this magical country. Connecting you with local people, with their traditional style of life. Bringing you as close to Omani culture as possible – let me take you to the traditional Omani family and let them invite you for a typical coffee – QAHWA. Without tasting QAHWA ( Arabic word for coffee) you have not experienced the real Omani culture.
• Owner of a natural Frankincense cosmetic brand LUBAN ( https://luban.cz ).
*** Yes, you will need sunglasses in Oman!
Any questions? Contact us directly at:
February 18-25, 2024
Do you want memories that will last forever? Let’s create them! Let’s explore the north of Oman together. We will start our trip in Muscat city, we will visit the Jebel Akhdar mountains and Wahiba desert, and we will finish in Muscat city again.
DAY 1 - Let the adventure begin!
Arrival to Muscat . Most flights arrive to Muscat International Airport during late afternoon and evening hours. Make sure you arrive on February 18 or early morning February 19. Our hotel is booked from February 18. We will pick you up at the airport and drive you to the hotel.
DAY 2 - Muscat beach
After the breakfast we will gather at the hotel lobby to officially start our adventure. We will explore the surroundings of the hotel and then you will have time to enjoy the beach or the hotel pool. We will gather for our first Yoga Session before dinner.
DAY 3 - Muscat city
We will welcome the new day with a Morning Yoga session on the beach. Then, after breakfast, we will drive to the historical center of Muscat and we will enjoy a half-day guided tour of Muscat city. We will visit the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque. the Al Alam Palace (the Sultan´s Palace) – exterior, the Royal Opera House, the Mutrah Corniche promenade, Bait Al Zubair museum.
In the afternoon you can relax on the beach or at the hotel pool. Plus we might have a surprise for you.
Later we will gather for an evening meditation before dinner.
DAY 4 - Mutrah souk + Frankincense workshop
We will set our intentions for the day with our Morning Yoga Session before breakfast. Then you will enjoy your free time at the beach or at hotel pool. In the early afternoon we will drive to Muscat city to visit the famous Mutrah Souk (bazaar).
Mutrah Souk is one of the oldest markets in Oman, its history is dating back about two hundred years. It is a magical place with narrow winding alleys roofed with wood, full of beauty and allure. You will be intoxicated by aromatic smells of frankincense, incense and Arabian perfumes. The souk is famous for its handicrafts like silverware, daggers, traditional cloths and shoes. You can indulge into famous Omani sweets (Halwa) or admire beautiful braziers (receptacles in which incense or frankincense is burned). Getting lost inside the souk is part of the fun!
In the evening we will enjoy a Workshop about the use and benefits of frankincense, and its purifying effects. We will finish with a nice guided meditation.
DAY 5 - Jebel Akhdar Mountains
We will start with an early breakfast and then drive to the area of Jebel Akhdar Mountains. There are many old mud hut villages and we will first visit one of them – Al Hamra.
Then a local guide will take us on a short Hiking Tour to explore the surrounding of Misfat Al Abriyeen – one of the few mud hut villages that is still inhabited and is very picturesque. We will visit local beekeepers and taste local honey and other local produce.
Our hotel is located in Misfat Al Abriyeen village. Our Evening Yoga session at the hotel terrace will help us unwind after a busy day.
DAY 6 - Nizwa + Wahiba Sands desert
After breakfast we will drive to NIzwa, the historical town in the mountains. We will explore one of the most visited monuments of Oman – Nizwa Fort.
And then we will get lost again in the famous traditional souk of Nizwa full of spices, silver jewelry, rose water, dates, carpets, lamps…
After exploring Nizwa we will say goodbye to the mountains and head to Wahiba Sands deserts. We will reach our desert camp in Wahiba Sands where you will experience the beauty of the vastness and the tranquility. Spending the night in the desert is one of the highlights of anyone visiting Oman.
Our Evening Yoga Session in the dunes, under the sky full of stars, will fill you with peace.
DAY 7 - Wahiba Sands desert + Wadi Bani Khalid
Experience the desert! Our Morning yoga in the dunes will expand your consciousness and open your heart. After breakfast we will enjoy some camel riding and you can have your hand decorated with henna painting.
Then our 4×4 cars will take us to a wonderful Wadi Bani Khalid, a natural oasis with large pools with emerald green water surrounded by tall palm trees. An amazing place to relax, take a swim in the emerald pools, have your feet nibbled by small fish, or just take a nice walk.
Back in the desert camp seeing the sun setting will leave us in awe! After our Evening meditation we will listen to some traditional Bedouin music.
DAY 8 - Muscat City and ending our journey
We will say goodbye to the desert with our Morning Yoga session and then drive back to Muscat City.
We will arrive to our day-stay hotel where you can relax by the pool before taking your flight back home.
In case your flight leaves later in the evening we will have the opportunity visit the famous Amouage Perfume Manufacture – a High Perfumery House renowned for creating some of the most finely crafted perfumes in the world.
this sounds amazing! i can´t wait to join!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I am not a yogi?
This journey is open to any adventurous soul. Yoga practice during our journey is not obligatory. So you can happily join us even if yoga is something you are not interested in.
Nonetheless, if you happen to change your mind while travelling with us I will be pleased to welcome you at any of our yoga sessions in Oman.
What is the weather like and what should I pack?
The best time to visit Oman, to go on excursions to the desert and the mountains, or to stroll around the cities, is in winter, from December to February, which is sunny, pleasantly warm on the coast and quite warm in the desert during the day, but cool at night, and quite cold (almost freezing) in the mountains.
The average temperature in February is around 22°C.
During the winter months, bring light clothes for the day, a jumper and a jacket for the evening and for cool days, and a scarf for the wind. For high mountains, bring spring/autumn clothes, and a jumper and a jacket for the evening. For the desert, light clothes for the day, a scarf or turban, desert boots or sandals, and a jumper or jacket for the evening and early morning.
Your DRESS CODE should respect the culture and traditions of the country.
- Always keep your shoulders covered.
- Skirt or pants that are at least knee-length.
- Long skirts and dresses are perfect!
- Shirt with long sleeves until wrists, long skirt or trousers covering your ankles, headscarf of light shawl to cover the hair – when visiting the Mosque!
- Swimwear – be prepared to wear a t-shirt and shorts or skirt covering your knees
- The T-shirt covering your shoulders
- Long trousers
- Swimwear – longer shorts and t-shirt
Once you decide to join us we will send a more detailed information.
Do I need a visa?
Most nationalities can get an Oman tourist visa on arrival:
- 14-day visa: for free, no cost
Please note that all travelers must ensure their passport has at least a remaining 6 month’s of validity.
You can check all documents required to enter the country at https://www.omvisas.com/news/necessary-travel-documents
Do I need a travel insurance?
Absolutely yes. We require that all travellers have their travel and healthl insurance. All foreign visitors to Oman are advised to take out health insurance covering at least 30 days of treatment for COVID-19. We also recommend that your insurance covers your trip cancellation.
How about the local currency, Internet access and alcohol?
Yes, you can stay connected. Wi-Fi is available at our hotel. You can also purchase a local SIM if you feel the need to do so.
The local currency is the Omani Rial (OMR). The exchange rate is 1 Oman = 2,45 Euro. You can exchange money in exchange shops. In Muscat you can pay by card or even some places will accept US dollars or Euros. Outside Muscat you will need the local money.
Oman is a Muslim country and alcohol is forbidden to Muslims. There are some bars and restaurants certified by the state for the serving of alcoholic beverages. Our hotel does not serve alcohol but if you would like to have a beer or a glass of wine you can visit the Kempinski Hotel nearby where alcohol is served. Bear in mind that you cannot drink alcohol publicly in the street or get drunk as this is prohibited by law.